Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Billy Elliot" and my first day IN London...

It seems this website posts my entries with the time in Provo. Oh well. I don't care enough to change it.
Today was my first day spent entirely in London. Classes will be nice. Nothing life-changing or anything, but it'll be cool. Hey, it's six units. I was happy to see that I got a 3.9 GPA last semester. This means I won't lose my job with Freshman Academy. (It wasn't really a concern but it's good to know it doesn't have to be.) I rode the Tube 10 times today. Talk about starting out with a bang. i feel relatively confident doing the stuff I want to do. Anything I'm unsure of I can just figure out as I go along.
Now to business: "Billy Elliot" changed my life! Okay, a little dramatic there. But I honestly was BLOWN AWAY! The little kid who played Billy was a phenomenal performer and has reaffirmed my faith in theatre. The show was not without its problems but moments of it were so brilliant that I forgave its obvious shortcomings. I could go into a full review of the show but that would be self-serving and not very interesting. I was so touched by the theme of pursuing your dreams and escaping the monotony of life through art. If you ever, EVER have an opportunity to see it, don't hesitate.
"The 39 Steps" was a fully enjoyable evening of theatre as well. Not much to say about that, other than the fact that I loved it. London theatre is wonderful. I am so deliriously happy.

No comments: