Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Writer's block...I guess...

I've been commissioned to write a play to be put on this summer. "Commissioned" means money. Does this help me to write more? No. I've actually been at a loss as to what to write for quite a while. I've finally set out on what has proven to be the best idea I have so far (which really might not be saying much) and it's shaping up nicely. It's typical of me, I must say. It deals with love and relationships in a cynical and pragmatic way. Surprised? You shouldn't be. For a confessed hopeless romantic like myself it's astounding to me that I am so inept at writing anything remotely idealistic or romantic. I suppose it's just as well. After all, there are plenty of people filling the modern media with unlikely stories of boy-meets-girl sensibility. Maybe someday I'll join their ranks.

No comments: