Thursday, February 21, 2008

ACTF: The verdict is in...

...And I won! It's pretty satisfying to say those two words: I won. Rarely can I say them so I'm afraid I enjoy it too much.
But yes, I am a national finalist now. This means a trip to Washington DC and an opportunity to workshop my script at the Kennedy Center. I mean, that's a venue I would get excited just to GO TO, let alone see my work onstage. So, yes, this is pretty much the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. The week was good. Tiring, but good. I got a random kiss in an elevator to top it all off which, if nothing else, is another great story. And I got a pretty nasty cold which I'm still getting over. Oh well... Life is good.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

woohoo for random kisses! You must share that story! :)

@emllewellyn said...

Um. I need to hear THAT story please...

Julie Wilding said...

hows about we all go to some disgusting, sticky, but homey-type of restaurant and hear the story TOGETHER?! bully.

Heidi said...

Ha. I love it how we're ganging up on poor Matthew. ;) Serves him right--a sentence about a random elevator kiss with nothing else?! PLEASE.