Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Reflections on Christmas morning...

Yep, it's Christmas. I'm at home with my family and it really has been a great trip. I'm happy to have a few days off in between CrazyFall and CrazierWinter (before we get to ExcitingSpring). Christmas snuck up on me this year but I'm glad it's here. I got a "Streets of London" map in my stocking; do my parents know me or what? My parents caved and got my little brother a "Wii" which has provided the entertainment for most of the family all morning. You know, it's great that my family is blessed enough to have a comfortable Christmas but it dawned on me this morning how true the cliches really are. This is not about the "stuff." (Though, "stuff" is great...) I'm happy to be here because we love each other and enjoy spending time together.
Okay, enough of that. Let's not get carried away with sentimentality here. Break is great. I'm glad we don't celebrate Christmas when Christ was actually born because I don't think any of us would want to barrel right on into the next semester without some serious time to recharge our batteries...I keep feeling like I should be doing something productive: writing, reading something (that isn't "Water for Elephants"), etc. But this week is dedicated to NOTHING. Can anyone relate to that? Can anyone NOT? I'm having writer's block anyway. Well, not exactly, I guess. I have TOO MANY ideas right now and can't seem to decide where to go from here. I'll figure it out...
Well, Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope your day is going as well as mine.

No comments: