Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A trip to the movies.

Yesterday was MLK day and there was some sort of canned food drive at the dollars movies. We ended up going to the movies after FHE and I found myself suddenly sitting in "The Golden Compass." Aside from the concern that I'd turn into a God-killing atheist if I stayed too long in that theatre, the film completely lost me. It was one of those"at what point did this look like a good idea" moments. I convinced two of my friends to go "movie hopping" with me so we went to the theatre next door. The movie? "Beuwolf." Yes, "Beuwolf." Not that naked computer-animated fight scenes with strange sexual undertones aren't charming in their own right (actually, I take that back), but I immediately regretted my desire to explore. We ended up moving to the next theatre to catch the last ten minutes of "August Rush" a sweet but overblown music video. Watching Keri Russell almost made it okay, but I couldn't believe I had wasted an evening with such garbage... Please, let's stop creating and patronizing these heinous movies and support real art. Please?

1 comment:

@emllewellyn said...

Actually, for what it's worth, I've only heard great things about August Rush. Maybe the last 10 minutes were less than phenom without the first 90 minutes? I haven't seen it, so I don't know. I'm just putting it out there.