Monday, March 17, 2008

Top o' the mornin'!

It's Saint Patrick's Day. And I am in a terrific mood. Yes, it's a Monday morning and it's much colder than I would prefer. But I'm smiling. I went to the temple this morning, I'm healthy and happy...
I don't know how to explain the tendency we have (myself included) to dwell on the negative in blog posts. Perhaps this is the perfect outlet for venting. Perhaps we're all just more negative than we should be. I don't know. But I'd like to be positive here today...
I am so happy to be a student at a university studying something I love. I am so grateful that I can wake up happy every morning and excited to go to class. I'm grateful that I live a life that is grounded in the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that I have that anchor to hold me strong through the storms of life. I'm grateful for friends who wish I wasn't always at rehearsal and for a family that misses me when I'm gone. I'm so glad that I live in this nation of peace and prosperity (relatively speaking, of course) where we are in a position to lift and assist others less fortunate than we. (Not a comment on current foreign affairs, mind you.) I'm happy to have a body that (usually) does what it's supposed to and access to medical care to fix it when it doesn't. I'm happy to have new couches in my apartment that I like even more than my own bed and the ceramic horse that guards us against evil spirits and vicious thieves. And I'm happy that my roommate went on a strange rampage last night securing all our windows and doors from potential break-ins. He cracks me up sometime...
In short, life is good. Let's all smile. And wear green today. Or I'll probably punch you. What a wonderful day...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm wearing dark red. But I have green eyeshadow on and I'm wearing some Celtic jewelry. So don't punch me.

Julie Wilding said...

yeah. don't punch her. i'm not wearing green. glad i didn't see you in the cougareat today if you were planning on punching me lovey.

@emllewellyn said...

a;lsdkfjaa;lsdkjfoap;sidufas;ldfj

How much do I LOVE Post Secret?!?!? Please can we make postcards to send to them?

@emllewellyn said...

You are boring. Update update update!!